Men are usually considered to be those that should take the first step when it comes to starting a relationship. How many men would be happy for a woman to do so instead? Moreover, is it worth it if the man does not consider her…
Online dating tips
If you’ve never tried online dating, you may be wondering where to start and what the unwritten rules are. The truth is that there are a few things to get your head around – like how to set up a profile and search, or approach people – but it’s really not that different from dating offline. Here are some tips for online dating to get you started.
- Be polite. 'Please' and 'thank you' work just as well online as they do offline.
- We’ve got so many members signed up with us, so make sure you filter your results by being selective about your tastes. Search for profiles based on someone’s age, location and interests to save yourself some time.
- Whilst flirting is good, coming on too strong at first isn’t. Flirting is all about building up the tension and leaving people wanting more, so go slow.
- Don’t be scared of contacting others. Sending someone a short message complimenting them on something in their profile and asking them a question is the best way to get the conversation started.
- Never give your personal details online so as to stay safe.
Dating Tips - the Profile
One of the best online dating tips you will ever get is to create a great profile as it’s the first impression someone will get of you. Below are some tips for how to write a great online dating profile.
- Single men and single women have one thing in common: they are looking for someone whom they’ll be attracted to. If you lie in your profile, they will be attracted to your profile not you and by the end of the day they won’t date you. So keep it honest.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Keep your profile fairly short, but make it personal. Let your sense of humour shine through and avoid cliché statements.
- Keep it positive. State what you want in life and what you like, not what you don’t want and don’t like.
- Have at least four to five profile pictures showing off you and your life. A picture says more than a thousand words so really do use the opportunity to show what your life is like.
Online Dating - Real Life Dates
The whole point with a site like Cupid’s is to be an online platform to connect people. Kind of like a cocktail party. Once you’ve met and discovered there’s chemistry (which you do fairly quickly) it’s time to meet up in real life. Don’t waste time talking for someone online for weeks on end - rather meet up as soon as possible to establish if you get along in real life.
When it comes to first date tips, here are a few for you:
- Keep it short. A drink, or coffee is perfect as there’s no pressure to entertain someone through a long dinner.
- Meet in a public place where you’re both comfortable.
- Try not to have expectations, as people are rarely exactly as you imagined them to be. Sooner or later you’ll meet the right person, but in the meantime, enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- First impressions are rarely right, so try to meet everyone for a second date when you’re both less nervous and have a bit more time to get to know each other.
Increase your chances of finding love
The health of a relationship largely depends on the maturity of the partners involved. If you’re with someone who acts like a child, then the relationship’s health will suffer. But if two full-grown adults come to a relationship, you should be able to make it…
Holidays can be rough for single people. Whereas you may not feel too lonely throughout the year, Christmas often serves as a stark reminder that you’re “alone”, what with all the joyful families, prying questions, and noticeable absence of presents under the tree. But it…
I think we can all officially say that Cupid.com just took online dating to the next level
George Matthews, NEWS CULT