Before the advent of the internet, dating was a completely different ballgame. Most people in previous generations knew -or at least knew about- any person they might potential date. People were introduced by friends and family members. Some marriages were even arranged. Today, social media…
UK chat rooms online for single women and men
We live in an age of social media, instant messaging and non-stop communication. So if you’d prefer to start chatting to other like-minded members, rather than wait for someone to find you and get in touch, our chat rooms are ideal.
Chat rooms by interest
Interested in photography, art, music, cars or travel? You’re bound to find a chat room to suit your passions where you’ll find other like-minded members to mingle with.
Our chat rooms offer a safe, friendly environment for you to chat to other Cupid.com users whenever you like. And even if you don’t find a potential partner, you might end up making great friends with other people who are in the same boat as you. Many of our members end up making lifetime friends to support them along their journey. And you never know, that friendship could turn into something more over time…
Dating chat room etiquette
If you want to make a good impression, these are some of the etiquette rules you should be aware of…
- Type everything in caps. The other person will take this to mean you’re shouting at them, which won’t endear you to them.
- Type ‘ASL?’ as an opening line. The abbreviation is a blunt way of asking for someone’s age, sex and location but can be seen as rude.
- As a general rule, if you wouldn’t do it offline, don’t do it in a chat room.
- Overdo the abbreviations, not everyone will understand what you’re saying.
- Be afraid to end a conversation if somebody doesn’t interest you or even block them if they’re not getting the hint.
- Let someone know if you’re going to be called away, or they’ll be left waiting for your response.
- Ask if someone would like to have a private chat if you hit it off in a public chat room.
- Be patient. Give them a chance to respond before asking if they’re still there.
Increase your chances of finding love
If you and your sweetheart are on the outs, you may be wondering if the two of you will ever get back together. The fact that most marriages end in divorce court is not good news, but it’s not the end of the world, either….
by Louanne Ward In this day and age, with so many online dating sites and apps available, the choices are endless, so we decide to cover all our bases. We join as many online dating sites, services and apps as psychically possible, swipe away endlessly,…
I think we can all officially say that Cupid.com just took online dating to the next level
George Matthews, NEWS CULT