('We') Tradax IP Licensing Limited and NSI (Holdings) Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By ticking the acceptance box when signing up to use our Services, and by your continued use of the Services, you agree to bound by this policy as updated from time to time.
This policy will tell you about:
- Who we are
- Your rights to access and/or amend data held and opt out of consenting to uses of your data
- What data we collect
- What we do with this data
- Where we store this data
- How long we store your data for
- Steps taken to keep data safe
- Our right to amend our policy
- Special rules on children and data
- Special rules for California residents
1. WHO WE ARETradax IP Licensing Limited and NSI (Holdings) Ltd are the data controllers (for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998). We make an annual notification to the Information Commissioner.
We own and/or operate a large number of social, dating, lifestyle and entertainment sites (including mobile applications/apps) through our Group Companies and Partner Sites. We refer to our sites and apps as, collectively, the “Services” within this policy. Some of our terms will make reference to our Group Companies or Partner Sites and any reference in this policy to “us” or “we” or “our” will include our Group Companies and Partner Sites.
(a) ABOUT OUR GROUP COMPANIESAs a large organisation we have a number of subsidiary and sister companies ("Group Companies") that operate some of our sites on our behalf or provide services to us to enable us to provide the Services to you. We have subsidiaries in the UK, France, Germany, Cyprus, BVI, Ukraine, Malta and USA and other locations as may be determined from time to time. For data protection purposes, these companies are called data processors. Our Group Companies are all wholly/majorly owned by us.
(b) ABOUT OUR PARTNER SITESIf you are reading this policy you are using one of our sites or apps. We have an extensive network of sites that we categorise as Traditional Sites (for traditional romantic relationships e.g. Cupid.com) and Niche Sites (for like-minded people to meet e.g. UniformDating.com). To find out more about our full network of sites please visit our company website NSI. We want to offer you a full range of products and services and in order to do that we will share your details across our Partner Sites (See below Creation of duplicate profiles across our Partner Sites) and we will market our different products and services to you (See below Marketing). You authorise us to reproduce and broadcast the information contained in your profile including your name, photograph, "chat up line", description etc. throughout all or part of our Partner Sites and our Group Companies for the purposes of delivering the Services to you.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS/AMEND THE DATA WE HOLD ON YOU & OPT OUT
(a) Accessing the data we hold on youIf you want to know what data we hold on you, you have a legal right to obtain this information from us. You can make a Subject Access Request at any time, in writing, by following this simple process. By law, we have up to 40 days to respond to you and reserve the right to make a small charge for this service.
To make a Subject Access Request, please write to us enclosing a photocopy of a photographic ID (e.g. passport or driving licence) and utility bill (to provide proof of your address). This is to ensure we only send your data to you, or a third party that you expressly authorise in writing to deal with for you.
Our address for this purpose only is Legal Dept:
NSI (Holdings) Ltd
2 Angel Square,
(b) Amending/correcting the data we hold on youIf you want to amend the data we hold that’s also very easy to do. We want to make sure we have everything right so please simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make any amendments to our records.
(c) Changing your consent and opting outIt’s ok to change your mind about what data you are allowing us to keep and what you don’t want us to keep. You can amend your settings through your account at any time, or contact our Support team. We have to advise you however, that opting out of some data processing/storage will result in a loss of functionality of the sites and a reduced user experience.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOUWe may collect and process different types of information about you. Some of this data is considered to be Personal Data (that means you can be identified by it including Sensitive Personal Data) and Anonymous Data (that is data that you cannot be identified from).
(a) Information we collect when you sign up to our ServicesWe will collect your personal details including but not limited to your full real name, user name, address, telephone, email address, date of birth, race, religion, sexual orientation and any other information you submit when you create a profile and sign up to our Services.
(b) Data we collect in respect of customer service and supportIf you contact customer support we will keep any information you provide to us including records of correspondence.
If you provide feedback to us, or take part in any customer survey, or participate in competitions we, we will keep any information you provide.
(c) Data we collect/you upload from your activity across our ServicesWhen you use our Services to search for other users, explore our Services, or interact with other users, we will gather data related to these activities including:
- Any information you populate your profile with including photographs (see also – Important Notice about how we use your photos);
- Any messages that you send or receive through our sites;
- A record of your activity including winks, block lists and search histories for example is also stored by us;
- Details of any transactions that you carry out, including any information we require to provide the products or services that you sign up to;
- Data from your other social network accounts if they are linked to our sites (see more details below – Information we collect from other social networks you use);
- Your location according to the IP address assigned to your computer machine or mobile device by your Internet Service Provider, and mobile location data (see more details below – Information we collect about your location);
(d) Information we collect from other social networks that you useSome of our Services have the ability to link your use of the Services to other social networks you might have access to. If you have an account with another social network e.g. Facebook, you can share the data you have on our site with that network. To enhance your experience and create a personalised service we may ask you to login to your Facebook account. By doing so you grant us access to your information stored on your Facebook profile including without limitation your personal information, photographs, videos, interests and locations. When you login to the other network or install our app, we will receive the basic information from you including but not limited to your name, photos, gender, networks, user ID, friends list and any other information you make public and your email address. If you have logged into other social networks and linked them to any of our profiles you grant permission for us to post updates, including location information, on your behalf therefore please exercise caution. You can turn off location data – see below.
(e) Information we collect about your locationWe can collect location data from your computer and/or mobile device. When accessing the Services from a mobile device you will be given the option to allow location sharing with our application. If you do not wish to share your location data with us please turn off this feature by following your mobile device instructions to do so. We can track your IP address if you are using a computer to access the Services. If you are using a mobile device we use GPS with an accuracy range of 20 to 100 metres. Although location data is anonymous and can’t identify you, it can be shown to other users so please exercise caution if you do not wish to publicise your location. If you choose to change or turn off location sharing, in order to provide you with a more localised service and localised matches, we will show you as being at a randomly generated location within the postal code area that you have provided. We also use your location data to research our own Services, develop new products and improve our Services, including using third parties to help us either provide the Services to you or develop new ones, and target advertising to suit your user experience. Your devices can give us lots of information about the device including the brand, model, version of operating system, installed app details, email accounts, mobile carrier and so on. We may also connect your account with location data from Foursquare and can show your Foursquare check ins on our map within some of our Services.
(f) Information we collect about your ContactsSome features of the Services allow you to share your user experience with people you know (“your Contacts”), or to invite them to join the Services. When given the option to do so you can choose to upload your Contacts information; we will request their name and email address. If you give us your password to upload these Contacts through a web based email provider we shall not store your password after you have uploaded your Contacts’ addresses. You may also choose to invite friends through your connected social networks. You assume all responsibility for ensuring that when you select a friend to be invited by email, application or SMS that the person wants to receive that invite from you.
4A. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION – AN OVERVIEWWe process data we collect from you for the following core purposes:
- To administer your user account with us (including notifying you of any compatible matches, tips, announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this);
- To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Services (including the features that require the mobile phone number);
- To help personalise your repeat visits to and usage of the Services;
- To notify you of any compatible matches or any matches who are near your location;
- To provide you with information on products or services or news and offers that you request from us (see below under 'Marketing' for more information);
- To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us;
- To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site;
- To carry out market analysis and research;
- To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
We use the information we collect about you:
(1) to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services;
(2) to respond to your inquiries about our offerings;
(3) to provide, personalize, and improve our offerings; and
(4) to offer you other products, programs, or services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use information that we collect about you to
(1) perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others; or
(2) develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other websites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other websites.
We use the information we collect for our online forums and communities to provide an inter-active experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, on one or more occasions, to offer you products, programs, or services.
If you choose to submit content, we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us on our Website, the Internet, or elsewhere.
We use information about you to communicate with you, including:
(1) to notify you when we make changes to our terms;
(2) to otherwise enforce or exercise any rights in our terms;
(3) to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter;
(4) to confirm purchasers you have made through our Website; or
(5) to contact you about your account with us (including managing your account and providing you with customer support).
If offered, you may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device. Please note that any communications from other users are through our internal systems, which we use to match the message to you and generate an email notice without disclosing any information aside from your chosen screen name and the information contained in your profile.
We use the information that you provide about others to allow us to send them invitations, gifts, cards, or other content on your behalf or through our Website. Occasionally, we also may use this information to offer products, programs, or services to them.
Mobile device data usage
Use of non-personal information
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information that we collect to improve the design, functionality, and content of our Website and to allow us to personalize your experience with our Website and offerings. We use this information
(1) to provide, maintain, personalize, protect, improve, and develop our products, programs, and services and to operate our business;
(2) to analyze usage and performance of our Website (including to perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics); and
(3) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and selected third parties to offer you products, programs, or services.
4B. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION – IN DETAIL
(a) Creation of duplicate profiles across our Partner SitesWhen you sign up to any one of our Services we will send you an email shortly afterwards advising that we have created a duplicate profile on our Partner Sites to enhance your chance of finding a suitable match. When we email you about this you will have the option to decline this service, which costs nothing extra.
(b) Important notice about how we use your photographsAs we explain in our terms and conditions, when you upload a photo to any of our Services you are allowing us to use that photo for advertising and other commercial purposes, royalty free. For full details please refer to our terms and conditions – Licence to My Content.
(c) How we use your information about your ContactsIf you choose to upload your Contact’s name and email address and/or mobile number you are allowing us to send an email or social network or mobile invitation on your behalf, inviting your Contact to join the Services. We will store your Contact’s name and email address solely for the purposes of inviting them to sign up to our Services and for associating your Contact with you and other people they may know. If your Contact does not want us to store their email address which you uploaded to our Services, they can ask us to remove it by contacting our support team. We will not store your Contacts information after invitations (up to a maximum of 3) have been sent. Your Contacts will then only receive future emails from us if they choose to accept the invitation and join our Services, or if you use any of our tools to share experiences with your Contacts and you input their email address for us to use again.
(d) When we disclose your information to third parties and whyLegal disclosures
We may be required by law e.g. through potential or actual litigation, court order, public or governmental authorities, or rules and regulations within or out with your country of residence to disclose all or part of your information to third parties. We may also deem it necessary to make such a disclosure in the event of an issue of national security, law enforcement or other such similar situations as we deem necessary including, for example, allegations of alleged infringement of copyright, trade marks or other third parties’ rights by users.
Third Party Service Providers
We share your personal information with third party service providers in order to provide the Services to you including third parties who assist us with information processing, credit and payment processing, fulfilment of your subscription order, managing and hosting data, conducting consumer research or satisfaction surveys. These disclosures relate to providing our Services, improving our Services and delivering targeted advertising to you. We do not provide your contact details to third parties for direct marketing by them to you without your express consent. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Change of ownership of the business
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, the information we have collected about you will generally be one of the transferred business assets. Also in the unlikely event that any of our group companies or our assets are purchased, your information will also be one of the transferred assets. We may share information about you with:
- Other companies in the same corporate group as us;
- A buyer or prospective buyer of our business;
- Our professional advisers, such as our lawyers, where it is necessary for them to advise;
- Other persons if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
When you register or make purchases on our Website or click-through our advertisements offered on third-party websites or applications, we may share your personal information with the businesses with which we collaborate to offer you the applicable products, services, or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
Aggregated or non-personal information
We may share your non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources.
(a) When we market to you directly about our products and servicesWe may share your information with our Partner Sites and Group Companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you of our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, or to help us to prepare marketing reports. We may send you information about our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, news and offers, and selected third party products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by contacting you through your email address or mobile phone number that you have provided. Any communication received from us, as consented to by you, will clearly state that it is being sent by us. You have the option to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time (see below).
(b) When third parties market to you (Our “third party Partner Services”)If you have consented to receive marketing communications from third parties, referred to as Partner Services, your data may be passed on to such third parties as we enter into data sharing agreements with, from time to time, for marketing and analytical reporting purposes. We cannot be held liable for the content of the third party’s communications or products/services they are promoting. If you have provided this consent, but change your mind, you can opt-out at any time (see below). Please be advised that you will also require to contact the individual third parties who have been marketing to you if you wish to stop receiving their communications directly.
(c) Opting Out of MarketingIf you change your mind about the marketing consent you have granted to us, you can amend your preferences under the “My Account” section of your chosen Site or emailing us at email@example.com
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FORGenerally speaking, we only store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, with information typically being held until you cancel your membership.
For data storage purposes however our users are considered as either being:
(a) Active Users; this means you regularly log on to our Services and use the Services in any way;
(b) Inactive Users: this means that you have not cancelled your account but you haven’t logged in for 9 months, or conducted any activity on our Services in that time;
(c) Cancelled: this means that you have followed our cancellation process and actively cancelled your membership.
(a) Active UsersIf you are an Active User we will store your data until you cancel your account.
(b) Inactive UsersIf you are an Inactive User, you should be aware that we will continue to store your data until you cancel you account, including continue to market to you if you have consented to marketing. Just because you haven’t logged on for a few months, we hope you will return to use the Services regularly and we want your information to be there for your convenience so you should be aware that you will still appear in our search results for other users, and your profile will remain visible. The responsibility to change your preferences or cancel your account lies with you.
(c) Cancelled UsersIf you are a Cancelled User, we will delete all of your data 9 months after the date of cancellation. It is important that we retain your data for this short period after cancellation to ensure that we can answer any payment or other account related queries, or provide information to third parties in line with our disclosure provisions outlined in this policy e.g. assisting police investigations. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed on the Internet to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
(d) Storage of activity dataWhilst we retain your Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data and Anonymous Data as outlined at (a) to (c) above, there are some features of our Services that we store data in respect of, for different periods of time. For example, messages are only stored for 30 days, winks and other similar activities are stored for 10 days. All other profile and activity information including photographs, blocked list, search histories etc. are stored until 9 months after your account is cancelled.
(e) Banned and terminated usersIf your account is ever terminated by us, or you are detected as a potential or actual scammer, or a potential or otherwise threat to our business or our users, your email address will be retained on our internal blacklist for as long as we deem necessary to protect the business and its users.
8B. HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP YOUR OWN DATA SECUREWe have designed the Website to make it easy for you to find, connect, and interact with other members of the Website by posting information about yourself. You can also use our electronic messaging system, which allows you to communicate with other users provided you are both subscribers. We recommend and encourage you (and all our members) to think carefully about the information they disclose about themselves. We also do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ license details, and other sensitive information in your profile, which is open to abuse and misuse.
Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your profile such as your religious denomination and health details. While you may voluntarily provide this information to us when you create your profile, including your sexual preferences and ethnic background, there is no requirement to do so. Please remember that photographs or any video clips that you post on the Website may reveal these kinds of sensitive personal data. Where you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive information about yourself, you are explicitly consenting to our processing your information and making this public to other users.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging service, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk. In addition, these postings may appear on other websites or in searches on the subject matter of your posting. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable webpages, you make that information publicly available and others can collect and use that information. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited email messages. If you post anything that is inconsistent with our terms, we reserve the right to terminate your account.
Cookies help us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Services according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to any website or application;
- To provide anonymised statistical information: Non-personal data may be gathered on our behalf using cookies, log file data, and code that is embedded on our websites by specific third party partners to help these selected third parties to deliver relevant advertisements to you.
Controlling and deleting cookies
- by using the opt-outs provided below;
- by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/; or
- through your browser, as explained below.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What cookies are used for and why we use them on this Site
This table shows fully the cookie functions and why they are used, although our uses may change over time and it is important that you revisit this page to understand these uses:
|Cookie Functions||Cookie Purposes|
|Analytics and research||We use the information collected by Google Analytics to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. You can opt-out of Google Analytics here.|
|Authentication||These cookies help us to identify our members so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy all of the features without having to continually log in – our website “remembers” you and allows you full access without the need to keep entering your log in details.|
|Performance||We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our members have the best possible experience, such assisting with your navigation of our site, ensuring pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for our Services.|
|Ad Serving & Behavioural Advertising||We sell space on some of our websites to advertisers. We use several services to help us and advertisers understand what adverts you might be interested in. These cookies hold information about the computer - they don't hold personal information about you (i.e. it's not linked to you as an individual). But they might hold a record of what other websites you've looked at - so we could show you a car advert if you've previously visited a motoring website.
Advertisements on this Site and the other sites you visit are provided by other organisations. Our advertising partners will serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to the Site and other websites. In order to do this, our advertising partner may need to place a cookie on your computer.
For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising, about cookies, and about how to turn this feature off, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu and select your country.
These are some examples of the services we use and how you can control those cookies. This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change. Please visit www.youronlinechoices.com for active cookie management on your device. Please note that turning off advertising cookies won't mean that you are not served any advertising merely that it will not be tailored to your interests.
11. LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITESOur websites, apps, and promotional materials, may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third party networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
12. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN USING THE INTERNETWe do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information to us you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.
13. SPECIAL TERMS FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, USAIf you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (1) information identifying any third party company to whom we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information concerning you and your family for our direct marketing purposes; and (2) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. You must make a request in writing to us to obtain this information. We will not process your request unless it includes your name and email address, the URL for the website you visited, and a return address. We will only honour one request per calendar year. Please contact our customer support team to make your request.