You bullied up the courage to ask her out on a date. You thought the hard part was over. But now you have to come up with something to do, something that will impress her, something that will convince her to go out with you again.
Don’t panic! Although finding places to go on a date may seem like a real conundrum, we have eighteen 1st date ideas that will blow her out of the water.
Unusual & Unique
To decide where to go on a first date, try something unusual and unique. One of these first dates will show her that she’s something special:
1. Visit a psychic – What’s more romantic than seeing if you have a future together?
2. Go to Rome – Or some other surprise destination. If you really want to sweep her off her feet (and you have the dough to do so), planning a trip to a faraway place – or even creating a theme night designed around that place – will be super unusual, unique and romantic.
3. Take a class – Think she’d like pottery, cooking or yoga together? Schedule a class where you two can learn a hobby and learn about each other at the same time.
4. Pool hall – Take her to a pool hall and kick her butt in pool. Or let her win…but don’t tell her you did or she’ll want to punch you in the nose.
5. Read aloud together – Maybe you’re a nerdy couple who met over books, so what could be cuter and more perfect than bringing your favorite books to read together on your first date? Reading them aloud together will give you some conversation fodder.
6. Go swing dancing – Only do this if you know she likes to dance (and if you can dance); otherwise, it will be truly awkward.
7. Go to a wine tasting – If you’re both wine-os, visiting a local winery for a wine-tasting would be a perfect first date.
Normal & Safe
Maybe your girl is uninterested in the unusual and unique, but there are plenty of normal and safe first date places that are loads of fun. Here are some of them:
8. Dinner and a movie – This is a classic for a reason. If you’re a little nervous about keeping a conversation going, the movie will let you off the hook – and at dinner, you’ll have something to talk about.
9. Play boardgames – Boardgames are always fun, and they’re a great way to have a laugh and get into the strategic mind of your partner.
10. Group date – If you don’t like talking about yourself, group dating will take some of the pressure off.
11. Netflix & chill – A quiet night in, chillaxing, is the perfect date for two homebodies.
12. Out to coffee – Grabbing a cup of coffee together is a go-to for those who want to get to know each other with easy conversation and a cup of joe, backed by smooth jazz.
13. Star-gaze – While it may not be that unusual to star-gaze together, telling her a story or two about the constellations may win her heart.
For an active date, do something that involves an indoor and outdoor activity combo. Consider the following fun places to take your girlfriend:
14. Rock climb and go fishing – Take her indoor rock-climbing and then out to your favorite fishing hole.
15. Indoor/outdoor movie date – If you have a drive-in theater, do a movie night combo by taking her to a show at your local theater… and then to another show for dinner, where you can have a picnic on the grass.
16. Miniature golfing and arcading – Miniature golfing is fun and cute for any couple, and as they’re often attached to an arcade, you can combine the outdoor fun with some indoor gaming
17. Sledding and hot cocoa – If you like having some fun in the snow, take her sledding for your first date. And when your noses grow red, go find a warm, cozy café and share a conversation over hot cocoa.
18. Waterfall jumping and a massage – After hiking all day and jumping from some waterfalls, take her to get a nice, relaxing massage. With such an exciting first date, when you drop her off later that night, she’ll call you back within the hour to schedule your next one.
Custom fit any one of these first date ideas to your girl, and she’ll be happy you put in the time and effort to make your first date interesting for her! She may even want to go out with you on a second date and a third and a fourth and…
Like this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook please!